Frequently Asked Questions
What are your Safety Protocols?
– Participants wear facemasks, gloves, and safety goggles (all provided by Lawless Forge).
– Participants and coaches maintain a minimum of 6 ft of distance at all times.
– Our facility has tall ceilings and excellent ventilation providing a very safe environment.
– Sanitation & Cleanliness: We hold both our staff and our participants to the highest sanitary standards in order to maintain a clean and safe environment We require students and employees to thoroughly wash hands before and after class and all safety glasses, gloves, and equipment are sterilized after each use.
Do I need to be vaccinated?
We do not require our customers to be vaccinated.
Unsure exactly how many people are in your group?
Please schedule on the lower limit of expected attendance when booking a private session: We recommend registering 80% of your expected headcount. We’re super flexible about increasing the number of participants (we’ll charge the difference after your experience), but it’s troublesome when you overestimate! You’re entitled to a refund for a maximum of 3 ‘no-shows’ regardless of group size.
How long are the classes?
All experiences are 3 hours in duration.
Can people in our group make different items?
No. A private group must select one curriculum (no mix and matching).
Do I need to have prior experience?
No experience required! The vast majority of our students have never held a hammer, and they all do great. Our experiences are accessible to all ages, genders, backgrounds, physicality, and interests. Think you’re too weak or uncoordinated for our classes? You’re mistaken. Give us the opportunity to surprise you.
How old do kids need to be to join?
Ages 6+, though we ask parents to use their discretion. You cannot book a class for a child (15 years and younger) without an adult on the reservation.
Can I share my project with someone else?
Any two people may register for one reservation/seat if they’d like to make a single item together.
Is there parking?
Plenty of free onsite parking!
How accessible are you for disabilities?
Accessible for a wide range of physical disabilities/injuries/sickness: Please inquire if you have concerns and please provide a notice of special needs upon registration.
Can I watch without participating?
You’re welcome to stay and watch if you’re not participating.
Can we bring our own food or snacks?
Attendees are welcome to bring their own food and beverages: There’s plenty of space to eat safely in the shop.
How do I get my item home? Is it allowed on a plane?
The only item you may fly with as carry on is the bottle opener. All other items must either be placed in checked luggage or mailed.We’re happy to ship your item(s) for you: $10/box; each box can fit at least 10 items; expect ~5 days from class date to delivery.
Should I bring any special gear/equipment?
No. All necessary safety gear is provided at the shop.
What should I wear blacksmithing?
- CLOSED TOED SHOES (sneakers are fine but absolutely no sandals, flipflops, high heels, etc.)
- Cotton pants (jeans) are preferred but shorts or leggings are acceptable.
- Short OR long sleeve cotton tee-shirts recommended.
- Please avoid synthetics.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations made greater than 21 calendar days prior to event will receive a full refund; Cancellations made within 21 calendar days will incur a 50% fee.
Can I reschedule?
You may reschedule up to 72 hours prior to your reservation at no additional cost; Rescheduling within 72 hours will incur a 20% fee.
Do you offer military/NPO/youth discounts?
We offer military, NPO, and youth discounts. Please reach out for details.
Can I customize my experience?
We can try to customize an experience if you have particular time/budget/interest constraints. Please contact us and provide details.
READY TO BE A BLACKSMITH FOR A DAY?